Friday, October 8, 2010

Future.

I've been talking with my parents for a while. I think for the future I will be settling down in Laos. The plan is, I get my Masters or PhD for Agriculture here in Australia, work for a company here for 2-3 years after graduating, then move to Laos and work there for a western company, a good chance it will be the United Nations. My dream company! But I'm fine with whatever as long as the pay is good and the colleages are nice.

But to be successful in Laos if I want to work for the big companies, I need to know English, Lao, and French. And I also want to finish learning Japanese since I've already started that. But French is a must because a lot of the big hirers and developers are french there. But if my mum can learn english and french, and my dad can learn indonesian, then it should be fine for me to learn a new language.

Living in Laos will be a bigger challenge/journey than to just stay in Australia. Having no contacts or relationships with people in the industry, getting a Lao cizitenship, and so on. But it's worth it, I would be able to afford a big house, there arent really any "housing" streets, the income tax is very low, things are cheap, the village all seem to know of each other, and I can drive to Thailand for the shopping and amazing hospitals. Oh, and the fact that my family is there and can support me, and Nui is there!! When Nui lived with us, one night we were talking how we should be neighbours, or live in the same street lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Travels :

 
Copyright © Oh So Splendid