Hmm this week has been a huge week. First off, I came round to watching Inuyasha: The Final Act, its the last season of Inuyasha to finish off the story, even though its a few years late it’s great that they produced it. The entire season was intense, every episode I think was important. And they refreshed you about the key events from before without being too annoying or wasteful of time. I finished it in two days, it was so interesting I couldn't stop. It’s so sad to have such a good story come to an end. The anime finished off exactly how it should have, and only left us with one unanswered question. ie beautiful perfect ending :’D The prologue was hilarious too!
After falling into a silly depression that I get when I finish an anime that I was deeply emotionally involved with, or that was really good, I had to find other animes to keep my mind off things. On my emotional rebound I found two great animes – Kaicho Wa Maid Sama and Durarara!!. MaidSama came first, and was perfect, it was full of cute art, romantic tension, and bundles of humour. Durarara was a different type of anime that I’m not used to; it took until episode 6 until it became interesting and stories and secrets began to unveil. The art in Durarara is phenomenal, every background scene is so detailed and beautiful. I managed to finish these two animes in a week, LOL, my parents complained of me sitting on the couch all day just watching anime.
So another part of this week was the horrible heat wave in NSW, and the cyclones in QLD. Poor Queensland, last month three quarters of the state was flooded, and now they were hit by two cyclones. The first one was only a C1, but cyclone Yasi (C5) really damaged the state. Costs to fix the whole QLD back to normal I presume will have costs in 11 digits. I feel so sorry for farmers too, a lot of crops.. totally flattened.. AND then even more flooding with the storms and rains with and after the cyclone.
Meanwhile here in NSW, I suffered through a whole week of 40*C heat (in the shade) with NO aircon. It was the worst week imaginable for what I can remember. Melting in this heat it was hard to produce ice so we had to buy, everything you touched was about 15*C hotter than the air and yourself, so cooling down was impossible when your fan just blew hot air at you (only happened for 2 of the days). Sleeping was almost impossible as well. But now a really nice change has come in. There was a huge storm to the north of Sydney, but we still had thick clouds and wind. The cool change is such a relief on my body, I didn't know how much longer it could be tested.
Being cheerful and happy today, I finally was able to start being productive again. Productive only because my internet isnt working well atm (capped). I made flashcards for the japanese alphabet (kata &hira) and for the lao alphabet too. I’m pretty familiar with Kata and Hira (-gana) but there are just a few that I just cant remember lol. I looked up a few kanji characters out of interest but I wont touch that yet. I was into learning Lao characters today, the characters are cute and fun to draw since my print handwriting is very rounded and curved. When learning how to draw a character I would ask my mum which stroke first, or which direction to draw. Mum was happy to see me being productive too :)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment